Monday, January 23, 2012

23/366: Food, Glorious Food!


Today I am grateful for food.
Grateful that I have access to fresh, beautiful produce that I can afford.
Food that nourishes our bodies and helps my son grow and blossom.

Today, I didn't know what to cook for dinner - the usual dilemma.
It's been a very hot day, so the hearty meal I had planned just wasn't going to be right. 
So, I created a Thai style noodle salad out of ingredients that I had in the fridge and pantry.
And you know, I am grateful that I actually have the ability to do that:
Grateful that I can create a meal out of ingredients. That I have the technique to put the pieces of a jigsaw together and get something edible and enjoyable.
Grateful that I know what flavours work together
Grateful my family will eat what I serve them and tell me that it's "Yummy" and that I did a good job. (and it was yummy too!)
Grateful and very proud my little man tucked in tonight, epecially as I was possibly a little heavy handed with the chilli considering a toddler was eating! oops...

Sometimes you have moments when you see everyday things in a whole new light.

5 comments:

  1. Looks divine! Good job to your little one tucking into a meal with chilli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so cute - yes so good to have good food and be able to provide your family w healthy meals - looks delish!! gorgeous to see your little man tucking in -- its surprising and amazing what they will eat if its provided huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I'm loving about this project - it really does make you appreciate the little things. I'm impressed with your little one's fork skills! It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful words....this project certainly makes you look for everyday delight in your life

    ReplyDelete