Sunday, January 15, 2012

15/366: Cousins


On the weekend it was a family birthday and J got to spend some quality time with his cousin, Miss A. They have a very special relationship as Miss A is an only child and J is her only cousin in Australia. I am an only child so J has no actual cousins from my side of the family. I know how valuable my cousins are to me having had no siblings of my own. Miss A is a bit older so she is very doting on him, helpful with him and loves him totally - he adores her and just wants to do everything that she is doing! I always joke to Miss A, "you are J's favourite cousin" and her response: "I have to be, I am his only cousin!" She's already too smart for me, that one....

This photo sums up their relationship perfectly - She is reading him a book called "My Grandpa is Great!" (Their Grandpa is actually pretty great so it was quite apt.) J is hanging on every word....

No comments:

Post a Comment