Every day your Deda hand feeds the magpies.
He has seen families of them come and go and babies grow and have babies of their own.
Today you were allowed to help him, as long as you sat still and quiet as to not scare them away.
This was a big ask for you, the little whirlwind that never stops!
You were perfect.
You sat so amazingly still on the porch and just watched Deda and you didn't make a sound.
I was so proud of you in this moment.
So respectful, observant and there was a really gentleness to you.
So respectful, observant and there was a really gentleness to you.
I hope that this starts a little tradition between the two of you.
Deda and J, feeding the "burds" together

This is just so sweet. It is so amazing how they can sit still if they want too.
ReplyDeleteSometimes there are moments you'll remember forever, photos or not. Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteMel I love how you told the story, but I super love how you didn't even have to, the photo said it all. You can visibly see Jai reigning in his energy perched on that step. Love.
ReplyDeleteOh I love this! Such a story in a picture!
ReplyDeleteIt's documenting stories like this that make this project so worth doing! Beautiful.
ReplyDelete