Saturday, April 7, 2012

72-91/366: Playing Catch up

It has been quite a while since my last blog post. I have been snapping away, but no posts have been coming.

Computer dramas, work craziness, personal stuff, toddler tantrums & illnesses and general life busy-ness has gotten in the way of any editing and posting that needed to be done. The project had to take a backseat.

First it was a couple of days behind. Then my computer died and it became a couple of weeks. Now we are just on a month with zero posts. :(

Feeling very overwhelmed with the task ahead, there is every reason to give up. Lots of excuses as to why it is just too hard, and it's not my fault.... really.

But, I will not do that. I made a commitment & I want to stick to it.

I need to stick to it.

So here is a snapshot of our March, with normal posting resuming as of 1 April!
March: The catch up.....





Resuming normal transmission.....

7 comments:

  1. Congrats for setting a goal for yourself, being flexible, and making it work! I think that, in the end, you will be so happy that you made it through a month of hardship, forgave yourself a little for falling behind, and then jumped right back on the wagon (i've had to do this a couple times and, each time, i feel proud when I pick myself up again). Hope your toddler sickies are over - those are just the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Georgia!

      it is about making it work, and I am glad to be sticking with it. This is what will last, what we will remember for the long term - not the day to day stresses - so it's this and the important things that we should focus on.

      Delete
  2. Some great shots here :) I really like both the swing shots the best! I only post once a month, posting every day is impossible for me... I really like your montage idea, I might do a montage too next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      Daily posting is tricky for me, but at the same time it is how i "try" to keep it managable - in bite sized chunks!

      Montage was really fun and did actually refresh my ideas a little.

      I like the swing shots too! (not bad for my little iphone!)

      Delete
  3. You just have to do what you can do, and not beat yourself up...I got very behind as well, and it took me a while to catch up - but now that we are more than a quarter of the way in, I didn't want to stop now! Good on you for getting back up to speed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos Mel! Your skills are definitely improving. I really love the 2 shots of Jai on the swing. I've been meaning to get similar shots of K.

    And don't beat yourself up about being behind on your blog. It's the photos that count as they're what we'll be taking away from this whole experience in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The swing shots - WOW! Love them both. And Jai, who usually looks so grown up, is still such a little muffin in his grobag. Sigh, I love the reminders that they are still our babies, in some ways.
    So glad to see you posting again. This will be such an achievement at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete